The ‘Café to Garden’ program enables residents to pick up coffee grounds from participating Darebin businesses to take home and add to home compost and worm farms.
Some of these businesses are happy for customers/residents to pick up other organic food waste, and at Red Bean Coffee you can pick up coffee husks and hessian bags as well as coffee grounds.
Businesses participating in the program:
- Red Bean Coffee – 121 Plenty Road, Preston, ph 9416 8612
- Sartoria – 115 Plenty Road, Preston, ph 9480 5664
- The Tea Rose – 25 Railway Place, Fairfield, ph 9486 3518
- Three Locals – 127 Station Street, Fairfield, ph 9078 6579
- Miss Margaret – 14C Gilbert Road, Preston, ph 8592 6910
- Café Qtee – 287 Broadway Street, Reservoir, ph 9462 5440
- Tasties Café – 356 High Street, Preston, ph 9470 2260
- Harvest Food Store, 108 Station Street, Fairfield, ph 9481 4718
For more information about the program, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information regarding using coffee grounds in compost and worm farms, see: