The Federal Government has opened applications for the latest round of the Stronger Communities Grants. These grants support local not for profit groups and local governments with funds to deliver capital projects with social benefits.
Successful projects aim to:
• encourage and support participation in local projects
• improve local community participation
• contribute to vibrant and viable communities.
Examples of previous successful grants include:
• solar panels for community centres
• community garden facilities
• community murals
• play equipment for child care centres.
Grants between $2,500 − $20,000 are available. Under the program, local federal MPs receive expressions of interest, identify potential applicants and projects in their electorates, and then invite them to apply for a grant.
Direct your Expression of Interest to Ged Kearney, Member for Cooper, by 22 November 2021.