Darebin is a leader in climate action, having been the first in the world to declare a climate emergency. In 2017, after extensive community consultation, Darebin Council again led the way with the adoption of Darebin’s Climate Emergency Plan 2017-22.
Darebin Council is now working on a new and ambitious Climate Emergency Strategy and Action Plan, leading the way to reach zero emissions by 2030 in Darebin.
As a hotter climate and extreme weather events will impact all of us, it is important that Council hears from our whole community to ensure the strategy reflects our experiences.
To help us shape the strategy let Council know:
- How climate change affects you in your everyday life?
- What steps are you already taking – or want to take in the future – to reduce your impact and adapt to a changing climate?
- How can Council best support you to make these changes?
- What do you think Council should prioritise to address climate change and its impacts?
Your input will help shape the key priorities of Darebin’s Climate Emergency Strategy 2022-2030 so our community can achieve zero emissions by 2030 and prepare our community for our changing climate.
There are a range of things you can do to get involved:
- Please take the time to complete the 15 minute survey by 30 September;
- Share your vision or big idea;
- Attend scheduled workshops or public events;
- Share this with your friends and networks;
- Print and display our poster or brochure or email us to get some delivered to you; or
- Host a workshop with your community group in September.
To organise a workshop or organise poster/brochure delivery, contact the project team on (03) 8470 8888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Together we can make a difference!