The Perma Pixie’s Spring and Summer workshops are back!
A 5 week exploration of foraging, wildcrafting, wild edibles and medicinal cuisine.
The Perma Pixie will take you on a weekly immersion looking at plants in depth.
You will learn:
- The Importance of Wild Foods
- Medicine as Food
- The difference between cultivated foods and wild food
- Sustainable Wildcrafting
- Safe Foraging
- Nutrition and properties of several plants in depth
- Recipes for each of these plants
When: Wednesday evenings, 6:00-7:30pm
Dates: 5 weeks – starts Wednesday 19th October
Where: Merri Creek
Medicinal Gardening Workshop
Learn how to make a medicinal herb garden from scratch.
In this hands on, one-day workshop, you’ll:
- How to germinate plants from seed and propagate from cuttings
- Basics of plant cultivation and creating optimal growing conditions
- Making organic potting mixes at home
- Garden design and microclimates using permaculture principles
- Plant identification and botany
- Learn common plant families and identification techniques
When: Saturday 29 October 2022, 10:00am – 3:00pm
Where: The Perma Pixie’s Medicinal Garden, Riddles Creek
Learn how to harness the properties of plants and create delicious drinks with health benefits using homegrown or foraged herbs, flowers and medicinal plants! This is a great way to incorporate nutrients into your system whilst still having a great time this summer and celebrating!
You will learn how to make:
- Bitter Cocktails
- Antioxidant mocktails
- Aromatic Elixirs
When: Friday 9th December 2022, 6-8pm
Where: Moss Studio, Brunswick East
Presenter: Taj Sciculuna (The Perma Pixie) is a Thornbury-based permaculturist and medicinal herbalist.