5 Weeks – Face to Face, on the Merri Creek
Wednesday Evenings 6pm – 7:30pm – starting Wednesday 8 Feb 2023
Join Darebin-based permaculture and herbalism educator, Taj Scicluna (AKA The Perma Pixie) in a 5-week exploration of foraging, wildcrafting, wild edibles and medicinal cuisine.
The Perma Pixie will take you on a weekly immersion looking at wild plants in depth.
You will Learn:
– The Importance of Wild Foods
– Medicine as Food
– The difference between cultivated foods and wild food
– Sustainable and ethical Wildcrafting
– Safe Foraging
– Plant identification and plant families
– Nutrition and properties of common medicinal plants and edible weeds in depth
The Perma Pixie will share delicious condiments, foods and beverages made from these plants to celebrate at the end of the evening of learning!
Celebrate food diversity with this face to face, hands-on and interactive course.