Darebin’s community grants program for 2020/21 is now open for applications, and close on 20 April, 2020.
These grants are the main opportunity for not for profit community groups and organisations to obtain funding for community-based projects, and there is a dedicated medium grants stream for Environment and Sustainability projects.
Grant categories for groups include:
– Small grants (up to $3k)
– Medium grants (up to $15k) – either for Environment and Sustainability or Equity and Wellbeing projects that benefit the community
– Venue Hire Support Grants (up to $8k) – provides grants to cover the hiring of council nominated venues
– Youth Projects Grants Program (up to $5k)
There are two information sessions scheduled for community members to attend to questions which are recommended if this is the first time you are applying. No bookings are required for these sessions.
- Thursday 19 March 2020, 10.00am – 12.00pm, Council Chamber (Upstairs), 350 High Street, Preston
- Thursday 26 March 2019, 6.00pm – 8.00pm, Shire Hall, 286 Gower Street, Preston
Key dates: Applications open Monday 2 March and close Monday 20 April.
More information can be found on the Community Grants section of the Darebin Council website here, or you can download the detailed Community Grants Program Information booklet here. Alternatively you can contact Community Grants Officer, Roberto Malara on 8470 8504.